Sunday, January 17, 2010

Props for Perky

Speaking of anthologies, I inadvertently stumbled across the contents pages (pdf file) of Jan L. Perkowski's Vampire Lore: From the Writings of Jan Louis Perkowski (2006).

A listing for the book appears on its publisher's (Slavica) website.

I've already got Perkowski's Vampires of the Slavs (1976) and The Darkling: A Treatise on Slavic Vampirism (1989) and a few of his articles. But there's others I don't have.

Even though I prefer original source works, I'm looking at getting a copy of this book for the hell of it. He's right up there with Paul Barber (Vampires, Burial, and Death: Folklore and Reality, 1988) in terms of major contributions to vampire studies, as far as I'm concerned.

That's not to say that his works haven't been met with some criticism.

It's also nice to see that he's still teaching Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Virginia.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

News