Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Wishes

"Let's Hope These Wishes Come True" dealt with some books on Amazon that I've got my eye on.

Last night, a few more captured my attention.

It looks like Paul Barber's coming out with a new edition of one of the best ever books on vampires, Vampires, Burial, and Death: Folklore and Reality (1988). At least, I hope it's a new edition. The item's description only alludes to a "New Introduction".

Next up, we have Claude Lecouteux's The Secret History of Vampires: Their Multiple Forms and Hidden Purposes (2010), which I'll guess is a translation of Histoire des vampires : Autopsie d'un mythe (1999). Finally!

Erik Butler's Metamorphoses of the Vampire in Literature and Film: Cultural Transformations in Europe, 1732-1933 (2010) sounds like it could cover some interesting ground, but at 218 pages, will it be spreading itself a bit thin?

I'm not quite sure what David J. Skal's Romancing the Vampire: From Past to Present (aka Romancing the Vampire: Collector's Vault) (2009) is. The book cover on display looks more like an ad. But, it's from the same guy who wrote Hollywood Gothic: The Tangled Web of Dracula from Novel to Stage to Screen (1990; 2004) and V Is for Vampire: The A-Z Guide to Everything Undead (1996), so I'm sure it'll be of some interest.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

News