Sunday, October 25, 2009

Free Plug!

Alison McNeill, Account Associate II of FutureWorks has informed me of an Independent Film Channel (IFC) presentation called Dead & Lonely.

It's produced, written and directed by Ti West. The guy's credits caught my attention, because he also made The Roost (2005). I haven't seen that flick yet, but it does hold interest. Here's it's synopsis from MovieTickets.com:
A group of young people are en route to a friend's wedding in the remote countryside of Pennsylvania when they hit something unseen, lose control of their car and become stranded. The foursome reluctantly wanders down the deserted road and into the eerie darkness. They come upon a farmhouse where they hope they can use the phone to call for help -- but no one seems to be at home. It isn't long before they learn that the farm has been taken over by vampire bats that have already claimed the lives of the older couple who lived there. But, once bitten, the victims come back to life zombie-style and those still living have to not only dodge the bats, but the undead as well.
So, in essence, what we have here is a survivalist vampire film. Sort've like From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), but cheaper. Much cheaper.


But, back to Dead & Lonely.

It's a five episode web series which will commence screening on Monday, October 26 at Noon ET/PT.

The storyline revolves around a dating site called Date or Die. In the interests of promoting the series, the IFC has actually turned it into a real website. But don't expect to score dates from it.

The storyline follows that two single Los Angeleans are brought together by the site, but, as it happens, one of them is a vampire.

If that tickles your fancy, check out the series' website.

4 comments:

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Anthony

The Roost also caught my eye but, ultimately, I decided it wasn't a vamp film, despite a definitely vampire trope being used. My thoughts are here

Anthony Hogg said...

Hi Andrew,

I was wondering if you had covered the flick. I guess I looked through the wrong list on your blog.

Much appreciated for the link.

I think the Dead & Lonely series might be up your blog's alley though, as it at least does contain a vampire.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

anthony, very much so - I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it.

Off topic, I have just finished reading the Weird Vampire Tales volume you recommended. I rather enjoyed it, as a whole, I'll be posting my thoughts in the not too distant future.

Anthony Hogg said...

That's fantastic! I'm glad you got a kick out of it.

It's certainly one of my favourite vampire anthologies.

I think it would be great if Weird Tales would release an anthology of all the vampire tales published in their mag.

In fact, I just might contact 'em about it...

As a side note, I reckon you should check out Martin H. Greenberg's output as an anthology editor. He's right up there with Peter Haining.

A whole swag of vampire anthologies have appeared under his name.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

News