Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Remake Canned?

I was quite glad to read coverage concerning the proposed Fright Night (1985) remake been given the flick over at Brian Solomon's The Vault of Horror.

What a relief.

I previously had a brief discussion (see comments) on the proposed remake at Taliesin Meets the Vampires. Not only do I treasure the original movie (its sequel was very influential to my interest in vampires) I'm sick and tired of remakes, in general.

That's not to say I don't enjoy them here and there. Off the top of my head, I'd include The Thing (1982), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Dawn of the Dead (2004) and Halloween (2007) as examples which were carried off quite nicely.

But, seriously, what's the point? Solomon provides an interesting overview of the subject in "Horror Remakes: Then vs Now".

I used to joke about the inevitability of a Gone with the Wind (1939) remake...but at the rate remakes are being churned out these days, it might be a bit more feasible than I first thought.

2 comments:

conanima said...

hi friend,
i viewed your blog its nice and looks cool,i like to share my link.visit my walkitz.blogspot.com

Anthony Hogg said...

Hi Conanima,

Thanks for your comment/ad. I briefly had a scan through your blog. I didn't see anything on it relating to vampires, so I was wondering what prompted your comment to my blog entry?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

News