Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Karg in Your Diet

I'm the recipient of the occasional Amazon recommendation.

Most of the time, I delete 'em. But today, I was actually recommended something that interested me enough to buy it.

Behold, The Everything Vampire Book: From Vlad the Impaler to the Vampire Lestat - A History of Vampires in Literature, Film, and Legend by Barb Karg, Arjean Spaite and Rick Sutherland (Adams Media, 2009).

It's so fresh, it's publication date is listed as January 17, 2009.

Barb Karg is also the author of The Girl's Guide to Vampires: All You Need to Know About the Original Bad Boys (Adams Media, 2009), another book of very recent vintage (January 18, 2009).

I might get that at some other time, but considering its audience ("Reading level: Ages 9-12"), I don't think it'd hold much of value for me.

I'm expecting Everything... to be similar in nature to Jay Stevenson's The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vampires (Indianapolis, IN: Alpha, 2002). But more current (it deals with Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series).

Here's hoping it'll be a good read!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

News