Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Aborted Mixtape

My recent blog entries on vampire-themed tunes reminded me of an attempt I once made at a such a mixtape, myself.

Now I should mention that to me, mixtapes are like compilation albums, and I treat 'em as such. Therefore, they get album names. This one was gonna be called Rockin' from the Coffin, but I only managed to get a few songs for it, before abandoning it to the sands of time.

Here's the tracks I chose for it, with the album they're from and the year they was released:
  1. Rigor Mortis - "Vampire" (Rigor Mortis, 1990)
  2. Rasputina - "Transylvanian Concubine" (Thanks for the Ether, 1996)
  3. Damien Storm - "Vampire Stalks the East Wing" (Horror on St. Lime's Hill, 2000)
  4. Godsmack - "Vampires" (Awake, 2000)
  5. Monstamorgue - "Cemetery Nights" (Tales of Terror, 2003)
Every Hallowe'en, at least, for the last few years, I have a stab at making a mixtape/compilation album, too.

I posted one such example as a comment on The Vault of Horror's "The Tuesday Top 10: Favorite Horror-Themed Songs".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

News